Since the time when Minecraft released its new version, everyone is thrilled to know its newest ultra-advanced features and also how to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2. Minecraft is one of the most interesting and fascinating games popular among gamers, but the sad part is that it is not available on Oculus Quest and Quest 2. To play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2 the user needs a VR – ready computer and a link cable. Both Java, as well as Bedrock versions of Minecraft, can be played with the help of a link cable. Though the native version of the Minecraft Bedrock version was compatible with the Oculus but this new version is not. You have to install VR on your PC to get access to Minecraft. Your computer runs a Minecraft app and sends visual data to the headset, allowing you to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2 in VR as long as you remain tethered to your PC.
Both Java, as well as Bedrock versions of Minecraft, can be played on the Quest but the processes are a little different. The bedrock version of Minecraft can be purchased from the Microsoft store. The VR capabilities are inbuilt in it and this is easy to operate but can’t be modded in the same way as JAVA. Java, on the other hand, is the more compatible version as its tones of free modes are available online, but it’s a little difficult to run this version on JAVA as you need to download Java Steam or VR Steam for it. But Minecraft on Java is really worth it as the implementation is so simple. For example, you can easily add mine bricks by physically swinging your controllers.
Bedrock edition is relatively simpler to run on VR, all you need to do is to install the Minecraft app on your computer, the Oculus app on your computer, the Oculus Rift Minecraft app on your computer, and a link cable to connect the oculus with your computer.
Step by step description of how to play Minecraft on Oculus (bedrock edition)
- Purchase and install the Minecraft app from the Microsoft store.
- Install the Oculus app on your computer
- Search for Minecraft on the search bar
- Click free or install option
- Connect your oculus with the computer with the help of a link cable
- Select Enable to enable Oculus Link
- Locate Minecraft in your app, select it and start
- Minecraft will launch in VR
Though you can also play Minecraft Java Edition in VR on your quest it’s a bit complicated. It specifically requires a mod called Vivecraft which makes the Java edition of Minecraft operative on VR. The implementation of VR in Java edition is more strong as compared to the bedrock version. Java version also provides a number of movement and interaction options to provide users a customized experience.
Step by step description of how to play Minecraft on Oculus (java version)
- Purchase and install Minecraft Java Edition
- Navigate Vivecraft’s download page and click the latest version of Vivecraft.
- Go to Lovecraft-x.xx.x-jrbudda-x-x-installer.exe and download the file.
- After the download is complete, launch the file and click Install (the download will fail in case you haven’t downloaded the JAVA In your system )
- Launch the Oculus app on your computer
- Connect your quest headset with a computer with the help of a link cable
- A pop–up window will display, select enable.
- Locate Steam VR in your Steam Library and click launch
- In the Steam VR interface in your headset, select the monitor icon
- In case of multiple monitors, select the one on which Minecraft will run
- Using the virtual desktop, launch the Java version of Minecraft
- Select Vivecraft from the Minecraft selection menu
- Click on play
- Minecraft will launch in VR on your headset
Final Note –
Minecraft has always been one of the most favorite games of gamers of all time and now since it has been made compatible with Oculus Quest 2, so gamers got more thrilled. Since Oculus Quest 2 is the newest virtual reality system, every popular game will run smoothly on it. Minecraft in VR is already appreciated and loved among gamers and this amazing oculus setting will definitely blow their minds. The users who have already used this are surprised by the astounding experience it creates. The best part is the controls and keys which are quite intuitive and are really simple to use. This is definitely what a gaming world demands!